Primal Quest - Compatibility License and Logo
A downloadable asset pack
Primal Quest Compatibility License (PQCL) 1.0, May 2022
Primal Quest Compatibility License (PQCL) is a royalty-free nonexclusive agreement between Old Skull Publishing and third parties (individuals or organizations) to allow limited use of the Primal Quest™ trademark and use of the PQCL Logo visual mark (PQCL Logo) to indicate that third party products are compatible with the Primal Quest™ game, published by Old Skull Publishing.
A non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the PQCL Logo on products is granted to publishers (hereafter referred to in this document as "You") as long as the requirements below are met:
1. No product can include “Primal Quest” in the title.
2. You must not use any of the Primal Quest product line trade dress for your products, or imply that your product is an official Primal Quest product release.
3. The PQCL Logo may only be used with materials published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License and you must comply with the terms of the CC BY 4.0 License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) to use the PQCL Logo. The PQCL Logo is Product Identity, and cannot be used in any way that the CC BY 4.0 prohibits. You still retain all your own rights to your Product Identity under this license.
4. The PQCL Logo may be placed prominently on exterior covers of print and electronic product covers, as well as on title/credit interior pages. For print or electronic products without covers, it must be placed on the first or last page of the product.
5. The PQCL Logo may be placed at any size desired, but must retain the same dimensions as the standard version, and must remain legible. The PQCL Logo can be colorized, but cannot be made transparent or invisible.
6. Any use of the PQCL Logo must include the following text either in a credits/copyright section and/or in the same viewable area as the use of the PQCL Logo: “Primal Quest™ is a trademark of Diogo Nogueira.”. If mentioning Old Skull Publishing as a precursor to this then the following text must also be included: “Old Skull Publishing™ is a trademark of Diogo Nogueira.”. The text should close with “Used with permission under license.”
7. You agree not to use the PQCL Logo in conjunction with illegal activities or any form of hate speech.
8. You agree to indemnify Old Skull Publishing against any claims made against products produced through your licensed use of the PQCL Logo.
9. You agree to allow Old Skull Publishing to use the title of your products and/or contributor names from your products communications regarding usage of the PQCL.
10. This license may be updated at any time. You agree to abide by the terms of the updated license, and will be given a window of opportunity to comply with any updated terms (this is not likely).
Complying with the above requirements allows the following:
1. You do not need explicit permission from Old Skull Publishing to use the PQCL Compatibility Logo.
2. You may indicate compatibility of your product with the Primal Quest™ Weird Stone & Sorcery Adventure Game.
3. The PQCL Logo may be used royalty-free on print and electronic products, as well as websites and advertising relating to products that fulfill the terms of this license while in compliance.
4. You may state that your product is “compatible with” any of the following: “Primal Quest”, “PQ”, or “Primal Quest - Weird Stone & Sorcery Adventure Game”.
Failure to adhere to the terms of this license may result in termination of the license and the ability to use the PQCL Logo on one or more products for individuals or organizations. If this occurs, sale of any affected products must cease immediately, and all advertising and promotional use of the PQCL Logo must stop. Destruction of existing and unsold physical inventory may be required. You must immediately suspend sale of all products using the PQCL Logo, as well as suspend all advertising and promotional use of the PQCL Logo, until your products no longer include the PQCL Logo.
The PQCL can be revoked or terminated for any reason by Old Skull Publishing. If this occurs, all products using the PQCL Logo must remove it from use within 6 months of notice.
Primal Quest Compatibility License is © Copyright 2022 Old Skull Publishing and Diogo Nogueira. Old Skull Publishing™ logo and name "Old Skull Publishing™", and "Primal Quest™", and the “Primal Quest™ Compatible” logo are trademarks of Diogo Nogueira, 2022.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.